Wednesday, August 23, 2017

PUSH UP DAYS 907-908

325 Push ups
 
  • Streak extender
  • 300 via 10 sets of 30 reps
 
Cumulative total:   97,525
 
 
Today starts my 45 days of maximizing all minutes in each day until I turn 45, at which point I can just be slovenly for rest of my life.   Off to a good start...Short run, read 10% of an industry book, looked up how to do some of the other stuff I've settled on and since it just started I don't yet feel behind.   Best and funniest suggestion given to me (I only asked a few folks), was Case's suggestion:  "Don't yell at Mom for 45 days," followed sheepishly thereafter by "Don't yell at me and Finn for 45 days?"   Having committed to the first one I guess he was testing to see how far he could take it...I told him we'll see about the second one :), which I guess was a least better than yelling "GO TO YOUR ROOM!"  Full disclosure, we don't actually send out boys to their room, we send them to the guest room because it is both boring and otherwise completely unused. 

4 comments:

  1. I just now got back to reading the Internet after my RSS-aggregating server died several weeks ago. Needless to say, this blog was one of the first RSS feeds I caught up on, following only your presidential blog—I'm still hoping for an update!—and my other feeds preceding in alphabetical order.

    Anyway, this 45-to-45 idea is inspiring, though it sounds really tough. Are you barring yourself from watching television, discussing politics, or pursuing other wastes of time? Or is your goal less strict?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks you CMB and glad to know you're able to receive feeds again. Yes, I definitely owe you an updated Presidents Blog...perhaps I'll include that in my 45 day quest? And, yes, it is proving to be pretty tough...day two wasn't as productive as day one, but day 3 is going well, so as always, we'll see! To answer your direct questions as well as the indirect: I am not completely barring myself from TV, though limited to exactly one episode of Criminal Minds per day max and that only because Bec and I watch together in sequence so therefore are hooked on the running plot lines, while enduring the excessive repetitiveness of some of the rest. Definitely won't be discussing politics etc. (good idea!) So my goal is pretty strict, but I hope it remains mostly do-able.

      Delete
    2. Thanks for the reply. I was a little worried that your 45-to-45 regimen barred you from responding to user comments on the Web, which, as we all know, is a waste of time. Ahem.

      Anyway, about that regimen, I'm reminded of a certain desert people who, a few thousand years ago, came up with and codified the idea of taking a day off every seventh day. Maybe the 45-to-45 would be a little more sustainable with a regularly scheduled break day.

      Delete
    3. Ahhh, interesting thought...I'm pretty sure I'll end up taking days off related to each of my goals, though perhaps not all of them on the same day -- I am a practiced streaker, ya know.

      Delete