Monday, January 11, 2016

PUSH UP DAYS 314-317

595 Push ups

  • Friday:      Streak Extender
  • Saturday:  325 in 10 sets of 30 then one final set of 25
  • Sunday:     Streak extender +10
  • Monday:    210 in sets of 30

Also ran twice during the above listed days and did a bunch of lunges and some pull ups etc.   This motivated me...
http://www.rockmanswimrun.com/
Yes, I want to do it...and based on how much I have thought of it over the past few days I think I want to do it as a life priority!   Perhaps that has to do with the fact that a fantastic friend and insane (in a good way) endurance enthusiast sent me the link and I'd love to do it with him, but also because it seems to fit better than other semi-extreme events do....other than the thousands of miles away, high expense, how in the world would I train for it parts I guess.   Anyway, we'll see, I've had other ideas over the years as well and my percentage on following through is, well, weak would be an understatement.   Hope to ride the enthusiasm for a while regardless.  

Cumulative push up total:   25,227
To tell you the truth, when realizing I was putting in pretty high volume over the weekend I thought to myself:  "Yes, this should get me over 80/day average."   Siiiigh.

5 comments:

  1. Are you still taking the cold showers? That could be part of your training plan for the Rockman.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. CMB, I am and it occurred to me that it could be considered training for the Rockman, even if only in a very minor way, so, this morning I stayed squarely under the water for a larger percentage of my showering experience than usual. Of late I have been standing to the side of the water stream as I lathered up whereas today I just turned my back to the cold water and toughed it out...we'll see how this goes for a while, the multiple shocks to system may actually be harder than just enduring the cold throughout. It could be mental weakness that made it take over half a year to realize what I've probably learned a zillion times when swimming in cold water.

      Delete
    2. Mr. Bobby, I continue to be very impressed with your cold showers. It really is something to aspire to, although I think it's too late for me this winter. Maybe next winter…

      Delete