Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Day 14

  • 5 miles
    • 8:50/mi pace
    • 5:25am
    • From/To Home
  • Well, the shoes I ordered did come in and right on the day they were supposed too...but they're ALL BLACK.  Yeah.  Probably the ONLY color scheme I won't tolerate, except that, yeah, I opened them and ran in them this morning.  I honestly do hate the look of them, but I needed new shoes and almost immediately I was happy I hadn't sent them back to await the white/blue/gray color combo I had ordered because my knees felt significantly better with every foot strike (more runner dork speak, not doing well with this, could be a problem).   Anyway, nothing special about the run, again promised myself not to pick up the pace until Thanksgiving...not sure why really because I imagine I can pick up the pace now and not injury myself, but I'm going with that thought for now -- perhaps it is a patience test I'm giving myself.   I am getting over the cold or sinus infection or whatever, so hopefully I'll feel 100% soon, though the night with Mr. Finn (Becca says maybe it's a growth spurt?) may delay me feeling fully recovered a bit as I was up at 2am and again at 4, without any real belief that I fell asleep between them.   Anyway, "The Streak" goes on!  2 weeks, a milestone I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment