Sunday, February 28, 2016

PUSH UP DAYS 364 and 365

205 Push ups

  • Saturday:   55 in 2 sets, 30 and 25
  • Sunday:     150 in 6 sets of 25 reps

Cumulative total:   31,775

Comments after extending the streak to 365 days:
  1. Much easier to maintain this streak than a running streak, but I think I was healthier through the push up streak...though my left shoulder started bothering me in the SLC airport 6 days ago, which I think just reconfirms how exhausted I was from skiing as I believe now that I must have slightly altered form and perhaps injurer myself in a minor way?
  2. Push ups did get easier through the year, though never exactly easy...guess I'll have to continue to pursue my goal of making them as minimally taxing as taking a walk, high volume should do that right?   Right?
  3. Averaging 87 per day for 1 year is pleasing to me, though now I want to average 113 for an additional 365 days so I can have an overall average of 100 per day...
  4. I really need to try a max set again as I haven't in a very long time.  
  5. I think I only almost forgot to do at least a streak extender set a few times actually and can only remember having to get up out of bed before midnight to extend the streak once. 
  6. The push up is a great overall exercise, elaborating a bit more on comment #1 above -- I'm in better shape than I would've expected and the very small volume required to continue the streak kept exercise on my mind making for nice easy returns to interest in fitness each time motivation took time off for a while, lazy sap that it is. 
  7. I should keep a count of number of different places I do push ups as I think that # from the past 365 days would be fairly large, but yeah, I probably won't do that.
  8. Kinda proud of myself for ending 365 days on Feb. 28 having started the streak on March 1...this means I don't need NEL to find a missed day anywhere, though I was comforted knowing that she could have.


 

2 comments:

  1. Very impressive, Mr. Wein. I did many more push-ups than usual during the same 365-day period, and I have no doubt it was a result of reading your blog. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks CMB, I think I may now be a little bit familiar with the feeling authors get when hearing their book has been shared/given/lent to others. Very glad to think that your push up volume has been increased as a result of this blog -- keep it up! (and give an update on your planking progress whenever you have a moment)

      Delete