Thursday, May 17, 2012

Day 225

  • 7.08 miles
    • 7:33/mile pace
    • 0627
    • From/To Home
  • Terrible, terrible, terrible, terrible, terrible, terrible, terrible, terrible two's.   Yesterday I received a training plan that a friend purchased, which I plan to also follow, because, well, it turns out that maybe I'm a mooch.  Since I haven't had a moment to read/study/understand the plan I decided that this week would be my last week of making up whatever I feel like before starting that highly structured plan in earnest...which meant that I had to think up some torturous work out for today since it's supposed to be a day that I include some sort of speed effort, per me.   So, naturally I didn't come up with anything, instead I just asked Becca...she suggested another round of the terrible 2's, I asked how many, she said some absurdly high number (I hope she was kidding), to which I responded that I did 7 a few weeks ago, so she said, "do 8."   I complained a bit, but knew then that 8 terrible 2's would be the work out of the day for me.   Here is how they played out, in mileage, after a 1 mile warm up and then followed by a 1.69 mile cool down return home:
      • .33
      • .22
      • .33
      • .21
      • .33
      • .21
      • .34
      • .21
      • .33
      • .21
      • .33
      • .21
      • .33
      • .21
      • .33
      • .23
  • Basically almost exactly as they looked last time, with maybe a little slower running between terrible's...perhaps I'm getting weaker.   Anyway, that is done, a few easy days then 17, broken up in 2 peices, with IronChad on Sunday, followed by starting the aforementioned plan...if I can understand it.

No comments:

Post a Comment