Monday, May 21, 2012

Day 228

  • 17 miles (10 miles + 7 miles)
    • 8:43/mile pace
    • 0600
    • Reach 11, near IronChad's house
  • Great way to log big mileage, meet up with IronChad and do his work out for the day...er, well, the running part of it at least.   Chad and I met just before 6am, ran 10 miles, then he went off to bike for 30 minutes while I stretched and then sat in my car with my cell phone until he returned, after which we ran another 7 miles.   The second leg was considerably hotter than the first, but all and all the time went by quickly, it was as fun as running 17 miles can be and I'm glad I joined him for the run portion of his day -- that stated, 17 miles may have been more than I was trained up for though...I had too much time on my feet type fatigue/aches throughout the rest of the day.  
  • Pace worked out to be 8:49/mile for first 10 miles then 8:35 for second leg.  
  • Mint chocolate Gu's are the greatest Gu's ever created.

2 comments: