Thursday, July 5, 2012

Day 274

  • 8.77 miles
    • 6:51/mile pace
    • 1635
    • Arrowhead CC
  • Well, I take back my boastful comments about surely being able to figure out how to use the Garmin 405 on still very appreciated loan from the Rosenlof's -- I haven't been able to figure it out at all yet, so I went to the gym.   As usual, maintaining a sexier than usual looking pace on the treadmill was not nearly as hard as real running, so above figures are to be taken with that knowledge, but overall I'm still happy with the run.   10 minute warm up at around 8:10/mile pace, then dropped it down to around 6:40 for 40 minutes and then did a semi-cool down at 7 somethin pace.  
  • This was my first run in my new shoes, which are about a billion times more comfortable and seemingly faster, but then, that could have to do with the fact that I ran in the afternoon when I always find running to be much easier than pre-sunlight.   I do think the shoes made it more comfortable though, which means I should probably switch out my shoes at maybe 325 miles instead of 350 miles...or perhaps I should just go down to 300 miles?  
    • This reminds me of my Dad's answer to what size waist he has with relation to buying pants..."I wear 34's, but 36's fit so well, I buy 38's." -- Jim Wein

No comments:

Post a Comment