Sunday, July 29, 2012

Day 298

  • 17.2 miles
    • 8:00/mile pace
    • 0510
    • Fountain Hills, AZ
  • Glad to be done, very glad to have run with Dean again -- hard to beat a long run with someone enjoyable who also plans the run, wears the watch and brings recovery aiding food for after.  That stated, this was another disappointing long run for me...I just hit the wall again and had to walk for a few minutes.   Before this year I could count on one hand the times I have walked during a run, this year I'd need two hand already and it doesn't seem to be getting better, not yet at least.   Anyway, still interested in trying....but not today, instead I'll just watch The Olympics again all day.   I love the Olympics.

2 comments:

  1. When I started running post-injury I decided to follow the Galloway run/walk program. Though I no longer follow the strict timing of it, I have become a big advocate of walking. I run faster while I run and walking gives my knees a chance to recover throughout the run.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Laura, that sounds like a good plan actually, but unfortunately my walking was unplanned and unintentional...and I didn't run faster while I ran either :). I should consider making it part of the plan though.

    ReplyDelete