Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Day 348

  • 5.02 miles
    • 7:17/mile pace
    • 0630
    • From/To Home
  • Becca ran 8 this morning, four of which were mile repeats at like 6:40/mile, which is quite strong considering...well, yeah, she hasn't run any mile repeats in years, but I don't really need to explain why that is quite strong, it just is.   Anyway, that made me feel like I couldn't just run 8:50 miles like I wanted to, so I grabbed my iShuffle thing and decided I'd run easy for a song, then hard for a song etc.  It was more enjoyable than recent efforts, so I might make a habit of this.   What I need to make a habit of is following a schedule, I have all but given up on the schedule I was trying to follow before because, well, I think I just wasn't ready for it and as a result it buried me...perhaps more mentally than physically, but felt 6 feet under regardless.   I haven't given up on the early December marathon, though I have little hope of making my sub-3 hour goal...I still want to do it even if only to hang with those that are going (The Rosenlof's and Elliot).  

2 comments:

  1. …so I grabbed my iShuffle thing and decided I'd run easy for a song, then hard for a song etc.

    Put some Pink Floyd and Yes on that iShuffle, and you could end up doing some very long intervals.

    ReplyDelete