Tuesday, April 14, 2015

PUSH UP DAY 45

177 Push ups

  • 7 Sets
    • 28, 35, 25, 22 one minute between each set, then five mins before last set, 47
    • 10 within p90x dvd
    • 10 jump style within p90x dvd (think hope half an inch off the ground at top)
 
SOOOoooo, I've proven to myself once again that I am an idiot.  Somehow I have managed to incorrectly follow the hundredpushup.com instructions.  Yeah, they're simple and yes they're all right there on the website in plain text...I just didn't read it.   I looked only at the columns and assumed that since the initial instruction, which I did read, said to use column 3 on week three as a starting point that whenever I moved to the next week I should continue use the 3rd column for that new week as well.  That is not correct.  There seems to actually be design within the program than I gave it credit for.  
 
As it turns out, each week is used as a measuring point that guides where (which column) you start the next week on...this makes sense, but of course I made it 45 sporadic days before realizing that's what the text states to do.   So, I think/hope that my jacked up version explains why I couldn't come close to following the program without inserting considerably more time before the final-max set for each day.   I like to think that anyway.
 
Now I need to figure out where I think I should start over...today I just dropped back a column because it looked potentially do-able, but then I still needed more time, so considering dropping back 2 weeks and doing it as close to exactly like the program outlines as possible.   The good news is that a) I'm fairly used to realizing that I'm an idiot b) the push ups done to date, while not properly on the program, are unlikely to have set me back and most probably helped and c) I never set a completion date goal for myself so I can just continue on.   Anyway, all this is long winded and can be summarized by saying, I'm a moron so I'm starting the program over again either Thursday or next Monday...until then I'll endeavor to continue the streak of 25 per day minimum.
 
Cumulative total:    2955
 

2 comments:

  1. How much does the plan even matter? You're doing a lot of push-ups, and you're doing max sets, so it seems to me you'll eventually get to a hundred—or it was never possible anyway.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmmm...excellent point CMB and I agree that it doesn't matter, except that I do like having something to blame if I don't reach the 100 :). The fact that it calls for max sets can also be credited for any max sets that I do as otherwise I'm fairly certain that I wouldn't do them.

      Also, I am very glad that you think I'm doing a lot of push ups. I think I am doing a lot of push ups. Will be interesting to see if I keep up the volume.

      Delete