Monday, October 1, 2012

Day 360

  • 4.23 miles
    • 7:44/mile pace
    • 2045
    • From/To Home
  • Felt like this was a good effort after a pretty long day which included the following:
    • Waking up in a tent
    • Swimming against various river currents
    • Hiking 4 miles uphill carrying a backpack
    • Driving 100 miles or so
    • Giving Case a handful of bull rides as that is his new thing since we went to watch bull riding on Friday night
  • Note in relation to the above list -- hiking with Laurawesome and CMB was really cool, they're excellent backpackers, great company and never one up our kid stories with stories about their kids. 
  • I felt like I was running much faster than 7:44/mile pace...but I think that has to do with the fact that I was quite sore from the backpacking and may have run the first mile much slower than the final 3+.

2 comments:

  1. …they're excellent backpackers, great company and never one up our kid stories with stories about their kids.

    That's nothing. I know a guy who never one-ups anyone about anything.

    Anyway, I now regret that I didn't explore that underwater tunnel more. But at least we jumped off a rock into the deep end.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Interesting and humorous that you say that because I have been silently wishing I had gone through to the other side of that tunnel ever since we left...not even sure why I was worried about it. The currents were strong, but I didn't feel like they were so strong I couldn't overcome them. So...we need to go back I guess? And also find that apple stem...

      Delete