Thursday, October 4, 2012

Day 364

  • 7.05 miles
    • 7:48/mile pace
    • 0531
    • Novato, CA
  • Ran through the Marin College campus, saw a deer, saw a rabbit the size of a deer, saw swim team practice, enjoyed the hills, determined that the campus is too dark for people to feel safe running before sun up, though I didn't feel threatened at all, decided I like Novato.
  • Wondering which day I failed to log...I mean, if tomorrow, Oct. 5, is the 365th day of this streak, and because this year had an extra day in February a full year (Oct. 6 to Oct. 6) should be 366 days, didn't I miss a day logging a run?  I am concerned about this, but not too much because I know I didn't miss any days running....unless I slept through a whole day, does anyone remember me doing that?   Perhaps I got jacked upon on number of days when traveling across the date line?  

9 comments:

  1. April only has 29 entries. August only has 28 entries. But then November had 34, so I'm really confused.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah...maybe I should've been more diligent about posting every day, oh well, one day there will be an App for that.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Ahhhhh, great memory CMB, but I think what I'm confused about is not the number of blog posts, but rather the number of Days as I considered that 2 days, ya know? Like, shouldn't there be 366 Days between the two Oct. 6ths?

      Delete
    2. Now I see.

      Because the individual "Day N" posts specify no date other than the publication date, there's no easy way to tell which day is missing. I suppose one would have to read through the prose in each post and match that to the calendar. For example, if in a post you say "I had a great Saturday run today," then we would match that to a Saturday—presumably the closest one to the publication date. Some prose would require knowing personal information to match to the calendar—for example, a post that mentions Case's birthday. Nevertheless, by matching every post we would be able to determine a date range, somewhere in which the missing day is.

      Um, have fun with that.

      Until then, should I be 1% skeptical that you really did run every day for a year?

      Delete
    3. You're welcome to be skeptical if it suits you, but I say no, for I know I have run every day :)

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Based on some examination of your blog, I suspect that you skipped a post for your run on Saturday, August 11th. Check it out and tell me if you agree.

    Happy Unbirthday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THANKS LAURAWESOME!!! Happy Unbirthday to you too!! :) Great Great detective work and truly appreciated!! Yes, I have checked and agree, that is the post that I missed and surprisingly, I actually remember that day as I had to run before we went on Stay-cation with the Petersons and Jeffries, so, I'll make that Day 367...then the run I just did will be 368 and I'm all caught up, even though the names of the posts will now be misleading :). Thanks again! You Rule!!

      Delete