Monday, April 30, 2012

Day 206 and Day 207

  • 5.25 miles (1.87 and 3.38)
    • 8:01/mile pace
    • 2345 & 0000
    • Seaside, FL
  • A streak extending effort that was perhaps as efficient as a single run can be.   As I spent all day and night participating in wedding related activities with family and friends the only opportunity I could create to run was to leave the after party for a while, get in my run and return.   It worked out rather well and basically gave me a day off.   Wondering how often I will do this two for one type run...it seems like a good idea, except that I have to a) not run first thing in the morning as I prefer to do and b) be awake well past a time I would consider to be a preferred bed time for myself.  

6 comments:

  1. Ooh, seaside! Catie loves Seaside.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A place that is indeed easy to love -- I can see Catie enjoying it there.

      Delete
  2. I am provoked into commenting about the two-for-one run. I judge it OK. From the Streak Runners International, Inc. website:


    The official definition of a running streak, as adopted by the Streak Runners International, Inc., and United States Running Streak Association, Inc., is to run at least one continuous mile (1.61 kilometers) within each calendar day under one's own body power (without the utilization of any type of health or mechanical aid other than prosthetic devices).

    Running under one's own body power can occur on either the roads, a track, over hill and dale, or on a treadmill. Running cannot occur through the use of canes, crutches or banisters, or reliance on pools or aquatic devices to create artificial buoyancy.


    So not only are treadmills allowed—though, really, running a full mile while carrying a treadmill seems like more work than it's worth—but two-for-one runs are fine, too, so long as the run entails at least one mile in each day.

    However, for your karma, I recommend running twice in one day soon. Maybe this weekend? I could help. We could run, say, from Dreamy Draw to the top of North Mountain. Then we could run again, from the top of North Mountain back to Dreamy Draw.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OK, I'm in, as long as you don't expect me to bike to/from the start/finish. This is going to be seriously painful, just need to decide when -- Case has a soccer game at 10am Saturday morning, so if that's the best day for it then we'd have to start pretty early...say 6am? 5:30am if you're up for it. Sunday is a possibility as well.

      Delete
  3. I can help you running twice in one day as well. From my training plan:
    Long run
    When: Sunday, May 20, 2012
    Description: Bike 30min, Run 10 miles easy, Bike 30 min, Run 7 miles harder faster effort

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OK, I'm in, but I'm just gunna skip the biking. I'll bring a book or something to pass the time in between long runs.

      Delete