Thursday, April 5, 2012

Day 183

  • 6.26 miles
    • 7:36/mile
    • 0625
    • From/To home
  • Nearing what I consider irrefutably the half year mark...technically I guess 183 days exceeds half of 365 days, but as I tend to think in terms of months, I have been thinking that I can't really consider it 6 months until the streak reaches 186 days, on the impossible chance that the six consecutive months are all 31 day months...yeah, running every morning makes you think in weird ways.   Anyway, getting there.   This was just an easy run out and then a negative split return -- hmmm...runner speak, have to try to nip that in the bud again.  

4 comments:

  1. Well, 183 days is exactly a half year as far as I'm concerned during this leap year.

    You've used the term negative split in earlier posts. I asked Laura what the term means, and she explained it means runner faster on the way back than on the way out. Kinda like what horses do, I guess. I've never heard of cyclists doing negative splits. Kinda like lazy people, I guess.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If the streak started on January 1 then I'd feel good about agreeing with you 100%, but as it started during a regularly grounded year I'm not sure I can...as for negative splits, there's no excuse for such language in my posts, I apologize and will endeavor to minimize if not eliminate.

      Delete
  2. Ha... I was going to comment about the leap year also. Your year still overlaps the leap day, so I agree that 183 was your halfway point.

    P.S. You have officially coined the term "LMI". Craig now refers to the event as such and so do the members of my running group. I have not yet used the term, so it is all your doing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. NEL, you've convinced me...183 was half a year all things considered :). As for the "LMI" moniker...well, I think the best thing about it is that each year your event has it's own name, like "The North Mountain Challenge" but all can fall under the "LMI" banner, thus establishing tradition without limitations. :)

      Delete