Saturday, February 11, 2012

Day 129

  • 21.14
    • 8:23/mi pace
    • 0710
    • From/To home
  • Ran with Bec, final 20 miler before here March 4 marathon in MSY -- I made her run an extra mile because I don't believe in the insane idea that one should only run a max of 20 miles in any one run prior to a marathon, how does that make any sense?   I did tell her that we'd be doing an extra mile before we started, so I didn't trick her because I'd rather not risk divorce.   The run went well, basically just cruised and got in a few hills for good measure -- considering the effort the pace surprised me a bit and has me thinking that perhaps Bec can set 3:35 as a goal for her marathon...hmmm, have to think about this a bit more.  Think I like "Shot Blocks" now, though they are still weird initially they do seem to result in a rather even energy supply if taken properly (which for me I've decided = every 45 minutes of a long run at cruise pace).   
  • Also noticed while reviewing running streak posts from the initial months that when I'm out of shape I whine (or would that be Wein?) a lot more...I do feel much better structurally when running now though, which I'm glad about.  

No comments:

Post a Comment