Sunday, February 12, 2012

Day 130

  • 2.11 miles
    • Slow
    • 0915
    • From/To Home
  • Painful effort, have body aches, not sure how much of that is a result of yesterday's run or if I have a virus of some sort.   Pushed Case in Burley to the park, played for a couple hours and then ran home -- Case able to do the retarded slide all by himself for the first time, was pretty cool (the slide has no rails and makes 2 turns?   Strange).   Concerned about tomorrow though I have no intention to run more than a few miles, just seem to live in fear of sinus issues having experienced them for the first time 100+ days ago.  Deal with that tomorrow.

6 comments:

  1. Well, well, I've caught up to the present. Good job, Mr. Wein, with your streak of 130 days and counting. We should do a run together sometime. I don't run far, but I'll help you run fast.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Craig, I will take you up on that...let me get past my odd health of the past few days and then we'll schedule something. Hope/doubt I can keep up, but will be good to have a reason to try. In other news, how do you feel about trail running?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Depends on the trail. I don't have adequate footwear for running rough trails such as Trail 100, but I can handle smoother trails that have fewer sharp, jutting rocks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahh, I see, understood -- the trail running I'm thinking of is much more conducive to actual Running than anything that would be considered "technical," but as for sharp, jutting rocks, I guess that would depend. Are you running in your 5 fingers shoes these days or more conventional running shoes? I have nothing other than conventional running shoes, so never set out to run on ground requiring more stability than those. Whole reason I ask is because I think I like trail running when going hard more-so than just running hard on roads. Because of that I thought maybe that would be best way for us run together, allowing you to wait for me at the top or bottom of hills perhaps.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would prefer to run in my Five Fingers, but I have a pair of conventional shoes, too. What trails do you have in mind?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Was thinking Thunderbird Park initially, but probably because it's the first that comes to mind -- I'd like to try other trails, but trying in the Five Fingers sounds dicey...perhaps I'll explore some and then get back to you. (Are the Thunderbird Park trails smooth enough? I can't imagine anything is, but then, I have a fear of those Five Fingers even though I'm fascinated by the concept.)

    ReplyDelete