Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Day 147

  • 4+ miles
    • Fast/hard (estimating 7:30/mi pace or better, ran for 30:52 hard)
    • 0630
    • San Juan, PRI
  • Wasn't motivated to push it at all today, committed myself to just cruising for 30 minutes, decided while riding down the elevator that doing so was plenty, I am afterall in the taper stage of Becca's marathon plan, walked out the front door of my Holiday Inn Express, took two steps and saw a runner off in the distance that looked reasonably fit, but not running too fast and next thing I know I have decided that I must catch and pass them, but who knows when they may turn, so better do so quickly....it didn't take even half a mile, but once I start running fast I don't like to slow down and since I also don't like to run the same pace for very long that only leaves one option.   Glad I got a hard effort in this week, just wish I had a better idea of how far and how fast I went even though I know that knowing may be a disappointment.   Anyway, I will miss my ocean view runs and the teal water etc., but I am still very much looking forward to getting home.   Off to Miami, FL for next 2 days first, not out of the humidity yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment