Thursday, March 15, 2012

Day 162

  • 4.23 miles
    • 7:55/mile pace
    • 1917
    • From Case's soccer practice at CCV to Home
  • Ran home from Case's first soccer practice.   He did well, but he was the only kid on the team to cry during practice, which he did 3 times.   Becca said he was just really tired, but I am pretty sure some of it had to do with my not preparing him properly for the experience...need to play with him more to just play than to win -- crazy how simple that sounds but didn't occur to me until seeing him want to always win when playing with other kids.   Interesting also that he had a tough time with it since I don't let him win all the time myself.   Anyway, he said he had fun at practice, so if we can get him to understand how to accept things that don't go exactly as he wishes then, well, everything will be better, starting with soccer I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment