Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Day 168

  • 2.56 miles
    • 7:58/mile pace
    • 0648
    • From/To Home
  • Lacking in motivation today, felt better once I started running, as usual, but by then I didn't have enough time to run further considering the fact that I still lacked motivation to speed up.   Anyway, the only noteworthy difference between this and all the other short runs I have amassed this month is that I passed 2 trash cans that had been either tipped over by natural forces, or by the natural force that is a teenage kid (age assumption there, of course).   I passed them on my "out leg" as I decided that if no one had picked them up by the time I returned then I would do so, which would also allow me to complete my requisite 2k prior to any stoppages.   Well, of course no one had picked them up, so I proceeded to put them upright and pick up all the various items that had escaped the city issued rolling garbage containers -- it was no big deal, of course, but I am pretty sure now whenever passing the homes that produced this particular garbage I will look to see if the inhabitants reflect what was in their garbage, specifically fast food remains (In-n-out burger, Sonic, McDonald's etc.).   Oh, and when dealing with the second turned over can I was assisted in the clean up effort by Erik the neighborhood walker that most seem convinced has some mental illness and may be a serial killer because he is seen pacing the neighborhood streets with the regularity of an assumed pyschopath on the search for human prey.   He was as odd as he usually is, but also adamant that it must have been kids who turned over the garbage...he based this one the proximity of the garbage to the curb from where it would be naturally assumed the containers originated -- he said there was no way the wind could accomplish the same, which led me to believe that he must never have lived in any tornado or hurricane area's, but I didn't get into this with him as he does strike me as too odd to want to get into much discussion with, even if I do not go as far as most in the neighborhood in believing he is surely someone stockpiling bodies in his house.  
  • 1-6-8 is a very good string of numbers as far as Mandarin speaking Chinese people are concerned.   It can loosely be considered to mean forever/ongoing (1) good business (6) profitability (8).    

4 comments:

  1. On the topic of spooky neighborhood walkers, they say people in Königsberg could set their clocks to Immanuel Kant's daily walks. Maybe Kant stockpiled bodies in his house, too.

    As for business profits, I refer you to the most recent XKCD comic strip: http://xkcd.com/1032/.

    ReplyDelete
  2. CMB, thank you, I am now a fan of xkcd, good stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bobby the trash-cleaner-upper good samaritan! The people who seem most odd can lead to some interesting conversations. Just make sure you have those conversations near witnesses and away from your home.

    ReplyDelete