Friday, March 23, 2012

Day 169

  • 1.7 miles
    • Medium pace (whatever that is -- didn't wear a watch)
    • 2010
    • From/To Home
  • My high maintenance boss is in Hong Kong and the SIM card in his cell phone went bad, which should mean that I get a break for a day or so since it would prevent him from being able to call me at all hours of my night etc. -- well, he decided, as he always does, to drag me into his misery, so I spent most of the evening explaining to him how cell service works and what his options were.   This resulted in me carrying my cell phone while running as I knew he would be calling, again.   I decided running just wasn't very relaxing as a result, so I cut the run short as he called at 1.7 miles and I was basically going right by our house at the time -- I guess I should be thankful that he's more of a yammering fool than I am when it comes to diarrhea of the mouth, so I was able to just listen to him while catching my breath before reexplaining to him that purchasing a prepaid phone was his best option to eliminate his inability to make/receive calls and separately how to view his emails over the internet.   Wow, this was a whiny post huh?   I actually don't mind him nor his need for assistance as I regularly obtain more information regarding our business through these exchanges than I normally would, but the running with phone in pocket just wasn't ideal, so perhaps I'll hope the situation calls for just less than that next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment