Tuesday, March 24, 2015

PUSH UP DAY 24

142 Push ups

  • 7 Sets
    • 10 x balance push ups (push up then balance on one arm, then alternate)
    • 10 x jump push ups (horizontal traveling via push up hops in each direction)
    • 21, 25, 21, 21, 34 standard

The hundredpushups.com challenge is now challenging me.  Significantly.   Following the suggested rest interval periods makes it serious...thinking I should've started on week 1 instead of week 3 as the program instructed.   Above standard push ups were todays challenge, with 1 minute rest between...after the 3rd set I knew I was in trouble.   During the final set, which was to be maximum reps, reaching 32 at least, I had to stop and rest in the up/arms-extended plank position to catch my breath and give my shoulder girdle/chest/arms a rest...brutal, remaining push ups were quite sloppy and exhausting.   I guess if it were easy then everyone would do it?  

Cumulative total:    1341 push ups

No comments:

Post a Comment