Sunday, June 3, 2012

Day 241


  • 4.58 miles
    • 7:41/mile
    • 0950
    • Arrowhead Country Club
  • Treadmill run for safety purposes.   Felt I needed to push a little further than the past few days and maybe even run 8 minute miles just to make sure I wasn't going to get all the way to South Mountain for my planned long trail run with Dean on Sunday, have a disaster and end up in the hospital.   So that's what I did...not the disaster/hospital part.   This run went really well, felt easy, gave me confidence that I could do the Sunday long run without hurting myself...that stated, I still decided to go to the doctor later in the day.   Doc said he thinks I will probably eventually need surgery, but first try to reduce swelling with salt baths and some prescription Preparation H kinda stuff.   I think the stuff works better than Preparation H, so on to the Sunday run I went...with half confidence at least.  (Oh, yes, I asked the doctor if running and running hard would have an effect, he said it would not...he cautioned against sit-ups though, which is fine with me for now)

No comments:

Post a Comment