Friday, June 8, 2012

Day 247

  • 3.09 miles
    • 8:24/mile pace
    • 0610
    • From/To home
  • Intending to do a very short and slow streak extender only, today's run turned out to be the most difficult and enjoyable short slow run of the year.  Here's the story:
    • While hearing from Case the list of games we were going to play after I finished running I sat down to put on my shoes.   I clarified that a few were not going to be possible because I had to go to work today, which he understood and had no problem with...it was basically his wish list [Fight with noodles, football, Power Rangers, etc.].   When reciting he regularly tries to convince me that we should start immediately, which leads to me reiterating that we will play after I run, or eat, or whatever I've already told him was on the plan...he knows this and doesn't mind, but still tries to manipulate the schedule to suit his fancy whenever he can.   Well, this time he came up with a great idea all on his own..."Daddy, can I go in the lell-ow thing with you?"   The "lell-ow" thing being the yellow Burley running stroller thing meant that for the first time in months and possibly the first time without it first being suggested by Becca or I, he requested to go on a run with me.   This was cool, even though it meant my run would be a little tougher...dude's getting heavy.   But then it got cooler...he got excited when I said "sure" and added "and Baby Brother too!," which meant that I'd be able to take them both with me and give Becca a 20 minute break or so, which may not sound like much, unless you have 2 kids.   Becca's response, "break out the margaritas!"   Then she reconsidered and said, "maybe I should just run with you?"  (Many of her best decisions are derailed by her hyper-guilt disorder, as diagnosed by the writer)   So she asked Case....who said "....No...maybe not," which of course made me chuckle.   Becca clarified that he would still get to ride with Finn and she would just run "next to you," which got him excited again and he agreed.   So off we all went and I pushed (literally) a little harder than I otherwise would have and went probably a mile further than I would have and had much more fun that I would have.   A great way to start the morning for sure.
    • Case ended up taking a salt bath with me afterwards instead of playing fighting games, but he didn't mind as he likes taking a bath too, as long as he doesn't have to wash his hair.
      • His bath ended rather unfortunately however, as I left to go shower in the other bathroom he stayed to play in the tub....a while later he comes into the other bathroom spitting and making a scrunched up face.   He said something about maybe needing to take some medicine, which prompted a few questions.   As it turns out, he revealed that he was pointing his weener up while he tee tee'd in the bathtub and "it went right into my mouth."   Becca had a tough time containing her laugher, but while I did too, I quickly offered help with a little home remedy of adult tooth paste on his tongue followed by repeated rinsing.   He was happy after that, as was the rest of the family :). 

4 comments:

  1. That's a story you need to save, for his senior HS year book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Or I could just send in this picture:
      http://www.flickr.com/photos/casewein/7166610641/in/photostream

      Delete
  2. Case is at about that age when he will form his first permanent memory—the oldest memory from his childhood that will stay with him forever. I wonder what that memory will be of?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, what a Great question...I will think of nothing other than this until the day he turns five.

      Delete