Thursday, June 7, 2012

Day 246

  • 5.5 miles
    • 7:15/mile pace
    • 0700
    • From/To home
  • Back on the McMillan plan that very well may result in my death.   I don't know that the plan is that difficult, but I know that it is pretty difficult for me right now.  Today, the day after "National Running Day," which is a day I should've known about since I'm running every day now guy, the plan called for 10 minutes warm up followed by 20 minutes at 6:40/mile pace and finished with 10 minutes cool down -- actually, the warm up and cool down were probably supposed to be at like 7:40 pace or something, but I didn't read the plan that carefully because I didn't want to know...I was worried about the 20 hard for me minutes in the middle, so I decided I'd just go easy on both ends in hopes of making it.   Anyway, I made it...stats are as follows:
    • 1st 10 minutes:                        8:27/mile pace
    • 20 minutes at "Steady state":    6:40/mile pace (Yes, I was surprised that I got the pacing right)
    • Final 10 minutes:                      7:31/mile pace
  • I guess overall pace for a "work out" type run is a bit pointless, but I like my little format so I'll keep including it, besides, I'd be much more likely to not include it on the recap of a trail run than of an effort such as the above.
  • My "issues" are improving, but not yet eliminated.   Buying salt in bulk is really a great value.

No comments:

Post a Comment