Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Day 308

  • 1.7 miles
    • Slow
    • 0640
    • From/To Home
  • Have decided to take it very easy for a few days to see if that will help me...yes, I am concerned about the fact that I will not be "improving" my fitness, but when JEC asked the other day if I were perhaps overtrained it seemed quite possible...so...today I ran a very slow loop within the neighborhood and only sped up when I caught up to a pregnant lady that has been faithfully running throughout her entire pregnancy, which I estimate to be 8 months long and counting -- seems I am more vain than I am committed to the extended recovery effort, but the increased speed only lasted maybe .2/mile, so probably no harm done.  

2 comments:

  1. It's a myth you only improve fitness while training hard. You gain fitness during recovery phases. (or some other fake science commentary)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a myth that running makes you have more energy too.

      Delete