Thursday, August 23, 2012

Day 322

  • 1.22 miles
    • Slow
    • 0710
    • From/to Home
  • The minimum.  Only the second sub 1.5 mile run of the streak.  Shortly after starting this run I started a debate with myself in regard to the distance necessary for today...I questioned why the minimum distance is 1 mile, when half a mile can be absolutely brutal depending upon conditions etc., I thought about just changing it to half a mile, but then decided I can't change the rules mid-streak because life just doesn't work that way...so I turned around at the .61 mark and sped up on the way home just to get it over with.  
  • Being sick, feeling like garbage coming off 2 red-eye flights in a 6 day span is no mental state to be in when you find out you need to book a trip to Asia next week, but hey, it is good to be employed, right?   (Yes Craig, feel free to comment on this -- if there is a time that you could get me to think otherwise then it may be now, while I am exhausted)
  • 44 days until streak officially reaches 1 year -- Chinese people associate the number 4 with death.  

4 comments:

  1. My next Ironman is #4. Am I going to die?

    ReplyDelete
  2. All humans are mortal. Elliot is a human. Therefore, Elliot is on the Internet.

    (You're welcome for clearing that up.)

    As for me being called out to comment on employment, I have only this to say: For each day a man toils on behalf of another man's profit and property, somewhere a dream dies. And usually that dream is somewhere very close to the toiling man—like, in his head.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Craig...it is confirmed, I am a serial dream killer.

      Delete