Monday, August 13, 2012

Day 311

  • 2.4 miles
    • 8:03/mile pace
    • 1652
    • From/To Home
  • OK, I think I seriously might be back...yeah, I'm pumped about it...and yes, I am saying this after a run that lasted less than 20 minutes and was over 100 minutes short of the prescribed time on my feet for the day.  What's really a shame is that I realized how close I was to the Dean end of South Mountain on Saturday night and was excited to get up and put in some serious time there, plus feel good about a long run again etc., then the morning came and I decided a lay off isn't really a real lay off unless it eliminates a long run right?   Well, that plus the fact that we were on "stay-cation" made it easy for me to decide to get in a streak extender only sometime later in the day...assuming at that point that I would do so on the treadmill.   Well, as the temperature reached it's apex, I decided, well, I don't feel bad...and I'm only going a short distance at a slow pace, plus I probably should log one run at a stupidly high temperature to legitimize this streak thing I've got going, so I'll just run a 5pm when it was 112 degrees F.   Turns out that it wasn't so bad, which made me feel good, which makes me feel like I seriously might be back....I felt like at any point I could've sped up without really taxing myself too much....I haven't felt like that in weeks, so, yeah, I'll consider myself back until otherwise notified by my body or mind.
  • Speaking of being back -- a great friend and training partner (Dean) convinced me last week that there really is no point in changing my goals, so, back to training for sub-3 hour marathon time will now begin...here's hoping I get some confidence along the way, but even if I don't I'm going after it, so stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment